3 Sep 2014 12:04 PM -
Extract from Smart Company 3/01/12
- I will not be late for meetings.
- If being late in unavoidable, I will make a short, genuine apology and get on with it. I will not make long-winded excuses.
- I will use my iPhone, Blackberry and/or iPad in a considerate manner.
- I will not tweet and talk simultaneously.
- I am capable of turning off electronic devices or at least switching them to silent mode.
- I will respond to emails in a timely, courteous way.
- I will resist the urge to use emoticons.
- I will RSVP.
- I will introduce people in social situations.
- I will pay attention to a person’s name when I am being introduced and make an effort to memorise it.
- I will not guess how many months pregnant women are.
- I will not make assumptions about someone’s sexuality or ethnicity.
- I will not act in an overly familiar way with new acquaintances, new clients and potential new investors – and will avoid discussing sex, politics, religion.
- I am capable of listening to a presentation/keynote address without looking at my iPhone, iPad or Blackberry.
- I will eat, sneeze, entertain clients and behave in a culturally sensitive and professional manner at all times.
How do you rate against these points?
For more information, contact Michelle Hamer on
Phone: (07) 5444 6200